If you think that your Instagram account has been hacked or otherwise compromised, it is critical that you take action as quickly as possible.
To recover access to your account, follow the procedures outlined below:
- Check your email account to see if you have received an Instagram message.
- Request a Login Link from Instagram to log in.
- Request a Security Code or Support from Instagram.
How to Recover a Hacked Instagram Account
Let’s explain in details all we have outlined above, follow each process carefully and precisely.
1. Check your email account to see if you have received an Instagram message
Instagram or [email protected] may have sent you an email stating that your email address has been changed.
You may be able to reverse this by selecting the “revert this change” option in the message itself.
2. Request a Login Link from Instagram to log in.
If you have any other information that has been altered (such as your password), you should contact Instagram and receive a login link.
Here’s how you go about it:
- On the login screen, select “Forgot password” (for iOS devices) or “Get help logging in” (for Android devices) (for Android).
- Upon clicking “Trouble Logging In?” (iOS) or “Login Help” (Android), you’ll be taken to the appropriate page.
- Then, on iOS, select “Send Login Link” or on Android, select “Next,” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Please enter a secure email address that only you will be able to access and read. Once you’ve made your request, keep an eye out for an email from Instagram with instructions on how to proceed.
3. Request a Security Code or Support from Instagram
If you are unable to recover your Instagram account after completing the steps outlined above, you can report a hacked Instagram account to Instagram.
To access the “Help Us Recover Your Account” screen, press “Help Us Recover Your Account.”
Selecting “I can’t access this email or phone number” this time, rather than requesting the security code, will result in a successful login.
Fill out the form on the next page with your account information, choose “My account has been hijacked,” and then click “Request Support.”
Following the submission of your request, you should receive an auto-response email from the Instagram Security Team, which will ask you to assist them in verifying your identity. Depending on your situation, you may be required to provide one or both of the following:
- Instagram will ask you to upload a photo of yourself holding a piece of paper with a handwritten code on it.
- The email address or phone number that you used to sign up, as well as the type of device that you used to sign up (example: iPhone, Android, iPad, other).
Maintaining the security of your Instagram account has never been more important for brands and content providers.
And while there is no foolproof way to prevent your account from being hacked, you can make it a whole lot more difficult for hackers to gain access to your information by following these simple measures.
If for some certain reasons, you are not able to find what you hoped you will find. Kindly drop a comment in the comment section below and we will immediately point you in the right direction.
If this post was helpful, feel free to click on the social media icon below to share with friends and families, remember Sharing is Caring!
See what others are Reading